Great news everyone! It’s Friday Eve! Whooooo! Is it just me, or does Thursday evening feels like it’s Friday already and you find yourself singing and dancing with no shame in the kitchen??? And worry not my friend, I’ve already applied for the auditions to a multiple talent shows, just waiting for THAT call. In a mean time, let me tell you about that chia pudding I’ve made myself the other day…
You probably already know about chia, if not, you are behind and need to catch up! Chia seeds are among the healthiest foods on the planet.They are loaded with nutrients that can have important benefits for your body and brain (I’m not going to go through all the nutrients, because there are simply too many, and I’m trying to get into my ‘weekend zone’ as soon as possible…).
These little babies are great for puddings, jams, parfaits and soooooooo much more! I always soak mine overnight in either nut milk or coconut cream. That way you will get yourself a great and quick nom for breakfast or any time of the day really. Peeps are saying that chia is like marmite, you either love it or you hate it! Well, I absolutely can’t stand marmite! It’s like a torture and worse punishment for me to be anywhere near it! Getting goosebumps even thinking about it! But chia…oh, my friend! My dear, dear friend, chia = love!!! And there is no quicker nom than this little beauty.
As I always say, you can modify this recipe to make it yours, add different fruit, use different milk or flavours, try it, it may become your hobby! Or you may hate it, I don’t know…Let me know either way!
Coconut Chia Pud
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 200 ml nut milk
- 1/3 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tbsp agave syrup (or maple syrup)
- 200 g strawberries
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Whisk together all ingredients except the fruit and nuts and pour into a jar. Put the lid on tight, give a final shake and leave to set in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, transfer jar contents into a bowl, add a splash of water or more coconut cream if it’s too sticky and give a quick stir.
- Top with your favourite fruits (you can add nuts and sprinkle of cinnamon too!)