3 ingredients is all what you will need for these peanut butter energy bites! One bowl, a fork and 10 minutes. Say hello to your new favourite snack!
Happy Monday! We are only two weeks into January, but I already feel like it’s been at least a month! Anyone else feels the same?
So, to cheer things up a bit, I’ve got a super easy and speedy recipe to share with you today. Seriously, it’s crazy simple and dead easy, no room for error, just delicious flavours and textures!
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Energy Bites
It’s actually hard to call it a recipe, since it’s just so simple to make and the list of the ingredients comes to 3 in total! That’s right friends, literally only 3 ingredients make this recipe: coconut flour, smooth peanut butter and maple syrup.
They are simplified version of my chocolate and peanut butter energy bites, but the original recipe for these came from The Big Man’s World food blog, which is just full of wonderful, healthier snacks and goodies!
What makes this 3 ingredients peanut butter energy bites recipe so great is the fact that it takes 10 minutes to make. It’s also no-bake, and you don’t need any fancy equipment to make it. Just a mixing bowl and a fork.
Few words about coconut flour
If you are not familiar with coconut flour, let me quickly tell you a bit about it…
Coconut flour is soft, naturally grain and gluten- free flour made out of coconut. It’s rich in fibre, delicious and very versatile. It has a subtle taste and smell of coconut, but it’s mild enough to blend with other flavours without overpowering them.
It behaves differently from recipe to recipe, but the general rule is 25% – 30% cocnut flour to regular flour. So if you are using 100g of flour in a normal recipe, change it to 25g – 30g of coconut flour.
It also is very absorbent, so depending on what you are making with it, you may have to increase the amount of the liquid.
How to make these 3 ingredient peanut butter energy bites?
It’s probably the easiest recipe you have ever made in your life, so there are no complicated steps here. Simply measure all of the ingredients and place them in a large mixing bowl. Using a fork, mash all of the ingredients together until they are well combined.
Using your hands, cookie scoop or a tablespoon measure, scoop a small portions of the mixture and roll between the palms of your hands into small balls.
Place the balls onto a lined up tray or a plate and refrigerate for about 20- 25 minutes, allowing them to firm up a bit (feel free to scoff off one before then…). After that, they are ready!
How to store these energy bites?
These 3 ingredient peanut butter energy bites should be stored in the fridge at all times. You can transfer them into air-tight container and store them for up to two weeks. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
As always, thanks for tuning into today’s post! Hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as I do! Feel free to leave me a comment below, I would love to hear from you!
Have a great week ahead and talk soon!
3 ingredient peanut butter energy bites
- 60 g organic coconut flour (I've used Groovy Food Company)
- 240 g smooth peanut butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (or any other sticky sweetener of choice)
- Place all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Using a fork, mash it all together until well combined.
- Scoop small amounts of this mixture and roll in your hands into small balls (using tbsp measure works well and will ensure they're all equal in size).
- Place the energy bites on a lined tray or plate and let them firm up in the fridge for about 25 minutes. Enjoy!
- Store the energy bites in the fridge, in airtight container for up to 2 weeks
- These energy bites are freezer friendly
- To ensure the equal size of your bites, use a tablespoon for scooping out the mixture.
- Maple syrup can be replaced by agave, honey, liquid stevia or any other sticky type of sweetener