These blueberry pancakes have got it all- they're easy, quick and delicious way to start any day of the week!
Quick, but delicious post today, perfect for any pancake lovers out there!
If like me, you are excited about blueberries season, then these blueberry pancakes should definitely be on your radar. They are made with just a 9 ingredients, and are totally dairy free and 100% vegan.
Blueberry pancakes- perfect for breakfast or brunch
When it comes to breakfast, I must admit, I much prefer warm, cooked meals, rather than something cold, even during summer. Also, I'm more of a sweet type breakfast person, although I do occasionally go for something savoury. One of my absolute favourites breakfasts or brunch meals are pancakes, and I don't think I will ever tire of them!
Firstly, pancakes are super easy and relatively quick to prepare. Secondly, they are just so damn delicious and filling, and can be made in about million different ways. Today's version is using sweet and juicy blueberries, but they can be very easily replaced by your favourite fruit.
How to make vegan blueberry pancakes?
In this recipe, I'm using cashew milk, but you can use any type of dairy-free milk (or just normal milk if you are non-vegan). You simply start by mixing all the 'wet' ingredients together. Place milk, cider vinegar, agave and olive oil into a medium bowl and mix well. Do the same for the 'dry' ingredients, then simply add wet ingredients to dry ones, fold in the blueberries (you can use fresh or frozen ones), and your batter is ready.
As with any pancakes, good non-stick frying pan is a must. If you have a good pan, you should not have to use any additional oil to fry your pancakes. If you do not have non-stick pan, just make sure to add some oil on its surface, to stop your pancakes from sticking to it.
As always, I would love to know if you tried this, or any other of my recipes. Leave me a comment below, and let's stay in touch!
Until next time,
Blueberry Pancakes (vegan)
- 250 ml cashew or oat milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tsp agave nectar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 190 g plain flour
- 2 tbsp corn flour or corn starch
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 small pinch of salt
- 100 g fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a small bowl, mix together milk, apple cider vinegar, olive oil and agave. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the plain flour, corn flour, baking powder and salt. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together. Fold in the blueberries to the batter.
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan (make sure it's hot!), then spoon out about 1-2 tbsp of batter per pancake. Fry on each side for about couple of minutes until golden brown.
- Drizzle ready pancakes with some more agave nectar, top with few more blueberries. Enjoy!
Please note that all my recipes are developed and tested in metric grams. I recommend that you use digital scales for a more accurate results. I have provided a conversion to US customary in the recipe but please note that I haven’t tested using this method.
If you want to stay up to date with the latest recipes and posts, make sure to sign up to my mailing list!