Once, I fell from the tree. It was a cherry tree in my nana's garden, and the reason I was on it (nana didn't know) to start of with, was very simple. I was stuffing my face with freshly picked cherries, staining every bit of clothing on me with cherry juice.
And I still believe that the reason I fell from it, was due to me eating so many, the tree just couldn't hold me any more...I do not climb trees any more, but stuffing my face with cherries...well, it's a quite different matter. I still do it, and as far as my intentions are going, I do not believe I will stop that any time soon! Although I do get occasional urge to climb the cherry tree when I see one, but it would be just weird, considering it's not my tree and I'm an adult now (so unfair!).
As we are approaching berry season, there is no reason not to put them in the good use, and when I say good use, I mean to put them into almost anything that I eat. Pies, jams, tarts, cakes, smoothies, juices, mocktails, even salads! Yup, I think I may have small cherry addiction. But who doesn't like these juicy, super sweet, and super pretty cherries who just happen to be packed with antioxidants and offer many health benefits, including help with insomnia, joint pain and even belly fat (yeah, that's right! say sayonara to that Buddha belly of yours!).
This smoothie tastes super creamy, due to coconut yogurt, so just in case if you are wondering how the hell did I drink it through this straw, I didn't. But it looked nicer with a straw, rather than my face next to it.
Sweet Cherry and Coconut Smoothie
- 2 cups pitted cherries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 large banana (fresh or frozen)
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- 150 ml coconut yogurt
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- In a power blender, blend together banana, cherries, raspberries and almond milk
- In a small bowl, whip together coconut yogurt and vanilla bean paste until thick and creamy, fill the bottom of your jar/ cup with yogurt mixture
- Gently pour your cherry blend on top of your coconut yogurt
- Top with fresh mint and some berries