Porridge is my life. Literally, eternally, always and forever. I don't remember when, last time I had a day without porridge. It does makes me think that perhaps I'm making up to porridge for all these years when I absolutely hated it (soz porridge!).
As mentioned many times before, I looooveee berries!!! And to my horror, I've noticed that some of them started to look a bit tired in my fridge, so what a better use for them than make a warm compote to go with my warm porridge.
Also, cardamom! Wonderful, super aromatic, incredibly flavorsome spice, which goes beautifully with warm porridge. And it's so quick to make! Because mornings are hard as they are, that's one less thing to worry about. As all what it will take is about 10 minutes. 10 minutes, and you have a lovely, healthy breakfast that will set you for the rest of the day!
As mentioned many times before, I looooveee berries!!! And to my horror, I've noticed that some of them started to look a bit tired in my fridge, so what a better use for them than make a warm compote to go with my warm porridge. That was best decision I've made today so far! Mind you, the day is still young, so there is a chance, I may make another good decision. Will let you know what it was, once it happens.
Creamy Porridge with Cardamom and Berry Compote
- 5 tbs rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- 4-5 crashed cardamom pods
- ½ cup of berries (your choice)
- 1 tbs agave nectar
- In a small pan, mix together oats, milk and cardamom.
- Bring your oats to boil, stirring continuously until your desired consistency,
- In a separate pan, place together berries, and add just enough water to cover the bottom of your pan.
- Cook berries until soft (about 3-4 mins) and add agave nectar, mix together, bring to boil.
- Top up your porridge with warm compote, you can also add some crushed pistachios and creamy chia seeds if you fancy!