If you don't like muffins, then...you must read this post and try these bad boys! They are soft, moist and just simply great all around.
They were so quick and easy to make, I've managed to prepare them during first advert break while watching The Blacklist, and by the time they've played another set of adverts, the muffins were already making their way into my digestive system...That easy and quick.
I've tried to make a strawberry cheesecake to be totally honest with you, but due to circumstances beyond my control (cheesecake refused to set, despite many death treats from me, it just would not cooperate, so we decided to go our separate ways on this occasion), I've ended up with these super soft noms, and couldn't be happier!!! (this doesn't mean I've given up on the cheesecake making, oooohhhh nooo, if something, I'm more determined than ever, like...if I have to hold a gun next to the cheesecake, just so it will set, I will, because you've messed with the wrong person here cheesecake!).
As I've already prepared mentally for cake with strawberries, something had to be done about it. And then I've remembered strawberry cake, which my mum always makes as soon as the season for berries starts. I've changed few ingredients, just to make this a vegan version, but bloody hell!!! Not that I'm trying to blow my own trumpet in here or anything, but....it tasted soooo much better than the original, non vegan version!!! #sorrynotsorrymum
Another fab thing about these muffins- you can add any fruit that tickles your fancy. They taste great with blueberries, apples, or even rhubarb!!!
Strawberry and Banana Muffins
- 1 cup fresh strawberries (chopped)
- 1 medium banana (sliced)
- 1 flax egg
- 1 ¾ cups spelt flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- Combine coconut oil, milk, maple syrup, vanilla and flax egg in a small bowl and beat it lightly.
- In a larger bowl, mix together flour, salt and baking powder
- Toss in the chopped strawberries and sliced banana, then stir to coat with the flour mixture
- Pour in your wet mixture into dry one and fold together until just combined
- Fill up the muffin cups with your batter, then place in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes in 190 Celsius
- Let them cool down (if you can)