I love smoothies. Doesn't matter what time of the day it is, smoothie is always a good idea. Maybe apart from the time when you are asleep, as the noise from the blender may disturb your snooze, and nobody wants that for that to happen.
Anyway, smoothie is a perfect companion for a sunny afternoons that are coming (hopefully! can never be too sure over here...), and all the bbq's and garden gatherings! They are ridiculously easy to make, so there are no excuses for not making your own. Bonus part is that you know exactly what went into that little nom. This one has small surprise to it, addition of redcurrant gives it nice kick and it's loaded with vitamin C, tons of it! Another bonus! Go on, you know you want it!
Strawberry and Red Currant Smoothie
- 2 large bananas (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup redcurrants (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoon agave syrup (optional)
- 2 cups dairy- free milk
- 3 tablespoon coconut cream or coconut yogurt
- Blend all ingredients together, decorate with fresh berries, enjoy!
Please note that all my recipes are developed and tested in metric grams. I recommend that you use digital scales for a more accurate results. I have provided a conversion to US customary in the recipe but please note that I haven’t tested using this method.