Super-easy sweet potato curry, made with only a handful of ingredients. Ready in just over 30 minutes, perfect for a quick and nutritious family mid-week dinner!
Happy new week friends!
As we are approaching the end of the month, I thought I will squeeze one savoury recipe, which I hope you are going to love as much as I do!
Last week has been crazy busy. Between preparing tax return (ughhh), client's work, personal projects and all things blog/ social media related, I did not have an awful lot of time to cook. With limited time on my hands, my meals have consisted mainly of this roasted tomato and red pepper soup and...
Sweet potato curry- easy, quick and healthy meal for all!
That's right. I've been having this meal on repeat last week, and I think once you try it, you may do the same! Made with eight basic ingredients, ready in just over 30 minutes and VERY budget friendly (less than £2.40 per portion!). What's not to like?! Also, it's vegan-friendly, healthy and nourishing. I guarantee it will keep you satisfied, without feeling sluggish or stuffed! It is an easy meal that the whole family will enjoy. Perfect for a mid-week dinner, or whenever you are short of time, but still want eat healthy and nutritious meal.
I have based this recipe on my Sweet Potato and Chickpea Curry, but simplified it A LOT!
How to make this sweet potato curry...
Start with scrubbing your sweet potato. Why scrubbing it? The skin has lots of great nutrients and not having to peel them is a great time saver! Just make sure you wash them, so they are clean. Cut the sweet potato into chunks (about 2.5 cm thick), do the same for peppers and onions.
In a large frying pan, or a heavy-bottomed saucepan melt the coconut oil, then add onions and peppers, cover with lid and fry on a medium heat until soft (this should take about 8-10 minutes). After that, add the sweet potato, curry paste, coconut milk and stir it well. Cover with lid and simmer for about 20 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through. Add coriander and top it with toasted almonds. Done!
Serve it with some rice or naan bread on site and enjoy!
As always, I would love to hear from you! Let me know in the comments below if you have tried this, or any other of my recipes!
Until next time,
Sweet Potato Curry
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 medium peppers (red and yellow) cut into chunks
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 large sweet potato (about 250 g) scrubbed and cut into medium cubes
- 5 tablespoon red curry paste of choice
- 400 ml coconut milk one can
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon flaked almonds toasted
- In a large frying pan, heat the coconut oil, then add chopped peppers and onions and fry for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- Add the sweet potato, curry paste and coconut milk and stir well. Bring to simmer, cover with lid and cook for about 20 minutes until vegetables are very soft and begin to break up. Stir in half tablespoon of coriander.
- Divide between two bowls, sprinkle with remaining coriander and toasted flaked almonds. Serve with rice or naan bread. Enjoy
Please note that all my recipes are developed and tested in metric grams. I recommend that you use digital scales for a more accurate results. I have provided a conversion to US customary in the recipe but please note that I haven’t tested using this method.
Remember to subscribe to my mailing list so you can be the first one to hear about new posts and recipes! I promise I will NEVER send you any spam! Let's be pen pals!