This fuss-free raspberry mascarpone tart is one of the easiest desserts you can make at home! Silky-smooth and creamy filling on a crispy, buttery base, topped with sweet and juicy raspberries.
If you need a quick and fuss-free recipe for delicious, seasonal dessert that can be easily made ahead, today's post is for you!
Fuss- free tart perfect for any occasion
What I love about this recipe is how totally hassle- free it is and how quickly it comes together. All that it takes is to whip the creamy, custard-like filling together and bake. It can be made well ahead of time and stored in the fridge until you are ready to serve. Also, there are no complicated ingredients and almost no equipment needed to make this delicious raspberry tart!
Use ready-made sweet pastry case
If you have been reading this blog for a while, you know I'm a firm advocate of making everything from scratch. However, sometimes, you just want a delicious dessert without spending too much time in the kitchen. Using a simple baking hacks and swaps can come handy, and that's what I did in this recipe.
Rather than making the tart base from scratch, I'm using pre-made, shop-bought sweet pastry case. Most of supermarkets sell their own, ready-made sweet pastry cases and they are great for time saving or if you just don't fancy making your own.
However, if you can't find any in your shops, or you don't mind baking your own, I've got you covered! Follow my Classic Lemon Meringue Pie recipe, where I have explained how to make your own pastry case.
If you are looking for a gluten-free version of this tart, check out this post from The Bojon Gourmet.
Tips for making this recipe
As it is a very straight-forward recipe, there is not much room for error here. However, just a couple of things to watch out for:
- Bring the ingredients to room temperature before starting (at least 30 minutes).
- Cream the filling ingredients well. There should be no lumps and clumps in the batter.
- Do not overbake! My baking time was about 20 minutes at 170C in a fan assisted oven. The tart is ready when the filling has just set in the middle.
Making ahead and storing
This raspberry mascarpone tart can be made a day ahead and stored in the fridge until you are ready to serve it. If you are making your own pastry case, you can also bake that ahead and store it (wrapped) at room temperature for up to 2 days.
Baked tart will keep well for 3-4 days, refrigerated in the airtight container.
Raspberry mascarpone tart
- large bowl
- 1 9' shop- bought sweet pastry case *see notes for how to make your own*
- 50 g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 250 g mascarpone cheese room temperature
- 120 ml cream single or double will work
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 170 C (fan).
- In a large bowl or mixing jug, combine together the sugar and an egg. Whisk together until combined. Add mascarpone cheese and cream and mix until well combined and no lumps and clumps appear. Add lemon zest and vanilla and whisk again. Pour the filling into the pastry case and arrange raspberries on top.
- Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for about 20 minutes until pale golden and just set in the middle. Allow the tart to cool to room temperature, then transfer to the fridge for about 2 hours. Slice and enjoy!
Please note that all my recipes are developed and tested in metric grams. I recommend that you use digital scales for a more accurate results. I have provided a conversion to US customary in the recipe but please note that I haven’t tested using this method.