Easy roasted new potato salad with green pesto and crunchy radishes. Ideal summer lunch or dinner, ready in under 30 minutes with only 6 ingredients!
Friends, we are approaching this time of the year when Spring is transitioning into Summer, and I couldn't be happier about it! Warm and long days are finally here to be enjoyed, and for most of us, slaving in the kitchen is the last thing we want to be doing...
Why this roasted new potato salad is so good for this time of the year?
Simply, because it's super easy to make, it can be ready in just under 30 minutes (meaning you don't have to spend hours in a hot kitchen, meaning you can spend more time enjoying hot weather outdoors)! All what it takes is roasting the potatoes, tossing them in some green pesto, slicing the radishes and throwing some salad leaves. Yup, it really is that simple! Quick and really tasty meal, which could be ideal for all of your summer gatherings!
Roasting new potatoes
You may not be familiar with roasting new potatoes, or baby new potatoes, but don't fear! These little fellas are great for roasting, and because they are so small, they will take only about 15-20 minutes to be ready. Roasting new potatoes will result in that lovely, crispy and golden brown skin and soft and fluffy middle. Once you have cut your potatoes in halves, arrange them on a baking sheet cut side down. Smaller pieces may cook quicker, so it's always good idea to aim for similar size potatoes. However, if your halves vary in size, just make sure to check the smaller pieces after about 15 minutes of roasting, as they may be ready sooner.
Putting it all together
...couldn't be simpler. While your potatoes are roasting, start slicing or chopping the radishes. All what's left after the roasting is to mix all of the ingredients together. Toss the spuds with some pesto, then add radish and salad leaves of your choice. Drizzle with some more pesto and lemon juice, and perfect lunch or dinner is ready!
Great as a main or a side dish!
You can enjoy this roasted new potato salad as a main course, the recipe below will be plenty for two or three people (depending on the appetite!). But it can also be served as a side dish, so perfect for all the summer BBQ's! Any leftovers can be stored in the fridge and eaten the next day, although this salad is best served and eaten on the same day.
Just in case if you are looking for a pesto recipe (you can use a homemade or shop-bought pesto), you may want to check out this 5-minute vegan pesto recipe.
Let me know if you try this recipe by leaving me a comment below, and if you are really awesome, I would love you to rate it as well!
Roasted New Potato Salad with Pesto
- 500 g new potatoes (or baby new potatoes)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp green pesto
- 150 g radish
- 80 g salad of choice
- ½ medium lemon (juice and zest)
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line up the baking tray with baking paper. Wash your potatoes, then pat them dry. Cut the potatoes into halves, and place in a large bowl with 1-2 tbsp of olive oil. Toss the potatoes around in a bowl, to cover them in olive oil, then transfer into baking tray (cut side down). Bake for about 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Once cooked, transfer the potatoes into a large bowl, add 1-2 tbsp of pesto and toss around in the bowl.
- Slice the radishes, or chop them into matchsticks, and add to your potatoes. Add salad leaves of choice, and mix all together. Finish off with a drizzle of lemon juice and sprinkle some lemon zest on top. Enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe, make sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on my social channels!
Recipe was adapted from Lazy Cat Kitchen blog.