Only two sleeps left!
Can you believe it?!? And what a better way to celebrate Christmas, than with a festive nutmeg cookies, stuffed with chocolate chips and hazelnuts!
Nutmeg is one of my favourite spices, and I do like to add it to…errmmm…almost anything, especially at this time of the year! I absolutely adore the freshly grated nutmeg, the fragrance is just incredible! And I’m pretty sure you will agree, it smells and tastes like Christmas. Along with cinnamon and allspice this awesome ingredient is a must for all of your festive baking! If you can’t find a whole nutmeg, use the ground one, which is widely available and tastes just as good.
As if nutmeg cookies were not good enough, these are also stuffed with chocolate chips and hazelnuts. Because why not? It is Christmas and it’s just how we roll. Indulge and spoil yourself, as of next week we all are more likely to be living on salads and juices 😉
So this will be my final Christmas recipe for this year by the look of it. Because it’s time to take time off. And because, when I’m back with the next recipe, Christmas will be over 🙁 So let’s enjoy it, while it lasts. Let’s have some quality time with friends, family and cookies.
Nutmeg Chocolate and Hazelnut Cookies
- 120 g dairy- free butter
- 300 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 150 g brown sugar
- 60 ml almond milk or any other non- dairy milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 30 g chocolate chips non- dairy if vegan
- 30 g hazelnuts roughly chopped
- Melt the butter in the small saucepan and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Combine sugar with melted butter, then add milk, vanilla and nutmeg, mix well until all combined.
- Add flour mixture, bit by bit, mix well, and add chocolate chips and hazelnuts.
- Chill the dough for at least 2- 3 hours.
- Pre- heat the oven to 190 C.
- Line baking tray with baking parchment, and using your hands, form rough balls. You should get about 24 cookies. Remember to leave the space between them as they will expand in the oven. Bake for about 8- 10 minutes or until golden, take out of the oven and transfer into a cooling rack.
- Allow to cool few minutes & enjoy!