This beautiful and really easy Thai style pea and apple soup is packed with aromatic flavours. Ready in just 30 minutes, and made using only 7 ingredients!
Hello! And welcome to the new post!
I feel like I haven't been here for ages, and the last two weeks have been some kind of a mad blur! But I'm back, and I have this super easy, but super aromatic and ideal for this time of the year, Thai style pea and apple soup recipe!
We have been enjoying some totally gorgeous, and totally unheard of (in the UK, at this time of the year) weather. The mini heatwave was spreading across the whole country, and it felt like we have skipped the Spring and went to the Summer. And I'm not gonna lie, my silence on here, and on social media, have been caused mainly by this outburst of sunshine...
With really high temperatures (it was 30 C at some point, which we barely get in the summer), the last thing you want to do, is to be standing in the hot kitchen, cooking. And I believe I will speak for everyone, when I say that naturally, when it gets warmer outside, we all fancy lighter, quicker and easier dishes. And this pea and apple soup is just that!
All that it takes to make it, is some frozen peas, apples, green curry paste, stock, red chillies and coriander leaves. This version lists rice noodles as one of the ingredients, but the soup will also taste great on its own. So if noodles are not your thing, you can still enjoy this flavoursome pea and apple soup, just simply skip them from the list.
This dish is using very simple ingredients, but it's totally bursting out with fresh and aromatic flavours, so typical of Thai kitchen (and if you are a fan of Thai flavours, make sure to check out this Thai Red Curry Noodles recipe!). The combination of peas and apples may sound a bit odd, but trust me, these two compliment each other so well! Sweet peas and crisp and sour green apples work wonderfully together, so please, please, please do not dismiss this soup just because of it's ingredients!
This soup will make a great quick and healthy lunch, especially on a warm day, as it will fill you up, without feeling heavy or sluggish after. It's a perfect dish to have at any time of the year really, but the flavours will definitely take you back to the exotic holidays and sunny days!
As always, let me know if you try this recipe in the comments below! Talk soon!
Oh, and in case if you are wondering, the weather is now back to it's usual self, grey skies and rain!
Thai Style Pea and Apple Soup
- 500 g frozen peas
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples
- 2 tbsp green curry paste
- 1 l vegetable stock
- 1 medium red chilli finely chopped
- 1 small bunch of fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
- 140 g rice noodles (2 nests) cooked
- Peel and core the apples, then dice them into a small pieces.
- Place the apples, frozen peas and green curry paste in a medium pan over a medium heat and saute them for a couple of minutes, until aromatic.
- Add vegetable stock, then bring to boil, reduce the heat and cook until apples are soft, but still remaining their shape. Take off the heat and using a stick blender, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the soup into individual bowls, then add rice noodles and garnishes- red chilli and coriander leaves. Enjoy!