This pesto pasta with cherry tomatoes is super quick and easy to make, ideal for lighter lunch or dinner. Ready in just 15 minutes, and packed with fresh, healthy ingredients!
Easter is only few days away (I know, I can’t believe it either!), and before we all indulge on chocolate eggs, I’m popping over here with this healthy pesto pasta recipe!
After my last week’s easy 5-minute vegan pesto recipe, I thought it’s only fair to post this pesto pasta to go with it. And because it’s Spring, and because we all are beginning to crave fresh, lighter, more vibrant foods!
It’s not a secret that pasta is one of my favourite foods, and I’m pretty sure, that this will be the case with quiet few of you my lovely readers, am I right? Because pasta is just the best, it’s easy, and it does the trick every time you are hungry and in need of a quick meal. Plus it’s cheap, cheerful and delicious! What’s not to like?!?
Pesto pasta, in my opinion, is pretty good to be eaten on it’s own. But cherry tomatoes go so well with it, and they add such a lovely splash of vibrant colours to this dish, which is much needed after miserable winter months…
You can also serve this pasta dish hot or cold, and it will be great if you are doing any meal prepping, as it can be made ahead of time. Perfect for a packed lunch to work, or for a spring picnic with the family!
Make sure to reserve some of that pasta cooking liquid (aka cooking gold) for later, as it will create this velvety, silky-smooth finish to your dish. In fact, I always reserve some of that starchy water, whenever I’m making a pasta based dish, because it just helps to bind and thicken the sauce. So make sure you don’t just pour it all down the drain!
This pesto pasta with cherry tomatoes is one of the easiest and quickest recipes you will find on this blog, and I really hope you will like it as much as I do!
And before I forget- have a great Easter holidays (we are off to Ireland for few days- YAYYYY!), whatever you are up to! Talk soon!
And before I forget- have a great Easter holidays (we are off to Ireland for few days- YAYYYY!)!!!
Pesto Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes
- 250 g whole grain spaghetti
- 250 g ripe cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 4 tbsp easy vegan pesto (see recipe notes)
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
fresh basil leaves to decorate
- Toss the tomatoes with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cook your pasta according to packet instructions or until al dente, drain, reserving about 100 ml of cooking liquid.
- Return cooked pasta to the pot, add pesto and cherry tomatoes, as well as some of the reserved cooking liquid, toss it all together over the medium heat until piping hot.
- Top with toasted pine nuts and fresh basil leaves. Enjoy!